Kan Move is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Kan Move may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 2018
Our use of your personal data will be governed by this Privacy Notice.
Kan Move is a controller for the personal information that we collect and use about you. We will treat your personal information as confidential and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and your personal information will only be shared with others in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice explains;
- What is your personal information?
- How do we collect your personal information?
- What personal information do we collect?
- How do we use your personal information?
- How we share your personal information?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- How do we keep your personal information secure?
- What are rights in relation to your personal information?
- What information is collected on our website Kanmove.com?
WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is any information that tells us something about you. This could include information such as name, contact details, addresses, mortgage details or any information about your needs or circumstances which would allow us to identify you.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We will collect your full name and contact details (such as phone number, email address and postal address) from you whenever you engage with us.
In addition, if we are providing a service to you, or on your behalf, where we are required to do so by law, we will collect information relating to your identity, which will be at least one form of photographic identification (such as a passport or a driving licence) and one form of documentation with proof of your place of residence such as a recent utility bill.
Depending on the service that we provide to you we may also collect additional personal information as detailed below;
Buy, Sell, Let, Rent
If you are selling or letting a property through Kan Move;
- We will collect a contact telephone number to get in touch with you about organising viewings and updating you on any offers received or rental applications for your property.
- Where you are not the legal owner of the property we will request details from you as to your ability to sell or let the property such as a Power of Attorney, Guardianship Order or Grant of Probate.
- We will collect your bank account details to arrange onward payment of rent due to you
If you wish to rent a property we are listing;
- Specific requirements so that we can find a property that is suitable for your needs.
If you wish to purchase a property we are listing for sale where you have specifically provided us with these, we will collect personal information relating to any specific requirements you may have in relation to a property so that we can find a property that is suitable for your needs. We will also collect personal information required to source a property for you and negotiate the purchase of a property on your behalf.
If we manage a property on your behalf we will ask for additional emergency contact information in case we need to get in touch with you outside of working hours or in the event there is a matter requiring your urgent attention.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Under data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so. We rely on the following legal bases to use your information;
- Where we need information to perform the contract we have entered into with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
How we use your personal information
For specific information on how your personal information will be used for the services you have requested from us, please see the options below;
Buy, Sell, Let, Rent
- We use your personal information for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you to let or sell your property or, if you are a buyer or tenant, for the purposes of arranging a contract for sale or a rental for you.
- If you are purchasing a property we are acting as agents for the sale of or selling a property through us we will share your personal information with your appointed solicitors and the solicitors acting for the other side of the deal as is necessary to facilitate the sale or purchase.
- If you are renting a property and we are acting as letting agents of, we will share your personal data with third the party referencing agencies “Van Mildert” for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and/or money laundering and checking your suitability to rent that property.
- Where we are managing your rented property, we may share your name address and contact information to to third party contractors so they can arrange to visit the property and carry out any required work.
- Where we are managing property on your behalf we may need to pass your personal information from time to time on to third party contractors whom we have engaged to carry out maintenance on your properties.
If requested by yourself we will pass on your name and contact details to third party financial advisers.
- If you are purchasing a property under the Help to Buy scheme we will disclose information which needs to be provided to the scheme operators to check your eligibility and to allow you to participate in and obtain benefits from the scheme;
- If you are obtaining mortgage brokerage services we will disclose personal information that needs to be submitted lenders (and if you are a high value mortgage customer, private banks) in order to fulfil our obligations to seek funding options for you;
- If you are an insurance customer we will disclose information to be sent to a selected panel of insurance providers in order to obtain suitable options for insurance products for your requirements.
Other uses of your personal information
- We will share personal information with our regulators, governmental or quasi-governmental organisations, law enforcement authorities and with courts, tribunals and arbitrators as may be required from time to time in order to comply with our regulatory and legal obligations;
- Where we use third party services providers who process personal information on our behalf in order to provide services to us. This includes IT systems providers and IT contractors as well as third party referencing or screening agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime.
- We will hold your personal information on our client/ property management systems and use this to provide you with the required services
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION THAT WE REQUEST?
We need some of your personal information to perform the services you have requested from us. For example:
- Where we are selling a property on your behalf we need to know your contact information so that we can update you with information on viewings, offers and the progress of the sale;
- Where you have asked us to find you a property which meets certain access requirements, we may need to know some further details about your particular circumstances so that we can find you a suitable property;
We also need some information so that we can comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may need identity documents from you to meet our obligations to prevent fraud and money laundering.
If you do not provide the information required for these purposes, we will not be able to perform our contract with you and may not be able to provide services to you or continue to provide certain services to you. We will explain when this is the case at the point where we collect information from you.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
The security of information is very important to Kan Move and we have measures in place which are designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information including but not limited to:
- Our client files are stored on our secure client management systems. Access is restricted on our client systems to those within the business who are required to have access to your information for legitimate business purposes.
- Hard copy documentation are stored in locked cabinets.
All data is hosted in datacentres which have systems and protections in place to protect against both unauthorised access, and other external factors that could cause damage to, your personal data. There are strict access requirements in place and access is restricted to those absolutely necessary.
Access to personal information is restricted to Kan Move employees.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The period for which we will keep your personal information will depend on the type of service you have requested from us. The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing services to you where we have statutory or regulatory obligations to retain personal information for a longer period, or where we may need to retain the information in case of a legal claim.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Be informed about how we use your personal information
- Obtain access to your personal information that we hold
- Request that your personal information is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate
- Request that we erase your personal information
If you would like more information or to exercise any of your rights please contact us.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ON OUR WEBSITE KANMOVE.COM?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What we collect
We collect the following information when you request:
- Contact name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You have the right to view, amend or delete any of your personal information that we have on record. For more information please contact us.